Saturday, November 29, 2014

Sugar Detox: Day 7

Yea!!! I finally made it to the last day...and it was definitely one the hardest days because I felt that I had come so far and had already put in so much effort that it was 'good enough.' It was hard to want to finish out the entire day and if there was a day where I 'slipped' today would have been it. (more explanations in the "Tell All" post, coming soon!)

I was tired and drained of energy most of the day; however, that was partly on me because last night (day 6) I had gone to a very intense 80 minute yoga class. I can definitely see why the plan calls for 'gentle yoga.' Not to mention, it was a later class, that meant I also got to bed a bit later. So, I would have to say that I don't think my negative experience had to do with the plan per se.

After my loving husband agreed to let me sneak in an afternoon nap, I did feel much better. However, it was still tempting to at least make it until after dinner and then dive into something that hadn't been on the menu for the week - but I didn't!

And so, I would say that I successfully (by my terms) completed this week's detox. I used the 'by my terms' in the last post as well. What I mean by that phrase is that I modified the schedule to best fit my routine. This is something I learned (and am still constantly working on) a few years ago. I used to be such a schedule Nazi that if I had a plan, I would stick to it to a T. And then I felt like a failure if I veered even the slightest. If there is one thing my husband has taught me, (and there have been many) is that "The schedule is made for you - you are not made for the schedule."

So, my next post will be all about my modifications, my results and my overall recommendation. I have to say, it feels really good to have accomplished a goal. At least for this part of my journey I can say, "I have finished the race." (ref. 2nd Timothy 4:7) Now it's time for a DANCE PARTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment