Saturday, November 29, 2014

Sugar Detox: Days 4-6

So, my last post I entitled, Murphy's Law. Have you ever made a decision to complete a detox, fast, diet, etc... and it seems as if everything suddenly goes wrong all at once? Well, that seems to be my experience when I try something new - especially when it comes to starting a workout or diet program.

Spinach Soup Broth 
I have had some awesome company with me the past couple of days. An almost three year old little girl and her one year old younger brother. They stayed with us for the weekend and while I enjoyed every minute of it, part of me wanted to let that be my excuse for not following the detox completely - since life was a tad more chaotic.

For the entire detox, I have dealt with on and off sick kids; a death in the family; extra children running around, and then my computer broke down right as I started this blog. None of these things were very encouraging and the 'me' I was a few years ago would have thrown in the towel.

Spinach Soup!
But, I stuck to my guns and did successfully (by my own terms) complete the detox. I loved the days where the boys joined in, and while they did not follow the plan as I did, they were able to enjoy the best parts of it. (For example, the Lara Bars for day 3's snack! And my cucumbers!)

Yep, those are mine!
The best part about days 4-6 was that it finally felt like a routine. I had my meals planned out and I knew what to expect. This part about this particular plan really helped when things became more chaotic or my otherwise regular routine was thrown off. I enjoyed not having the stress of 'what to cook for dinner;' especially since I had already planned my family's meals to correspond with mine for the week. This did make life easier.

There were also days where the boys were sick in bed and while I never wish that upon my children, the mornings I had to myself were very peaceful. I was able to have extra prayer and devotion time and I think THAT is what helped me make it through the hectic days this week.

He stole my plate...
The patience of actually getting past the point of 'detox' was worth the headaches (literally and figuratively) and it certainly paid off in the end. But that's what being Fit for the Kingdom is all about - learning to wait on the Lord and pray through the tough times knowing that He will bring you through. This detox, as well as others that I have done, is just one way to physically manifest the Biblical principles found throughout scripture.

In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith - more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire - may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ
1st Peter 1:6-7, ESV


No comments:

Post a Comment